Leslie, a world-class powerlifter, has medalled in International Powerlifting Federation events and holds Philippine national records. Beyond her athletic achievements, her passion, knowledge, and dedication to physical human performance make her an invaluable asset. Leslie’s expertise in compound movements and training methodology helps bridge the gap between injury and a better you. She takes pleasure in teaching the average person, from mothers to office workers, and can elevate your performance beyond expectations. Leslie is available as a consultant for those serious about improving their health, making her a vital addition to any team.
* 4-time deadlift medalist with 3 silvers and 1 bronze in the World Open Classic Championship (International Powerlifting Federation)
* Best Lifter for Asian Women’s Open Championship (Equipped and Classic- IPF)
* Three-time Asia-Oceania Champion (Equipped and Classic- IPF)
* Category 1 Referee for International Powerlifting Federation
* Fitness instructor certification (Gold’s Gym Institute)
* Professional Youth Coach Certification(Brand X Method)
* Pre & Post-Natal Coaching (GGS Academy)
* Functional Range Assessment Specialist (Functional Range Academy)
* Movement and Performance Therapy Specialist (Rehab-U)
- BS Tourism(University of the Philippines)
- MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management (University of Hull)
With a decade of experience at J.P. Morgan, Icy shifted her focus to yoga teaching at Pure Yoga Hong Kong, emphasizing clients’ health over wealth. Having experienced chronic back and shoulder pain, Icy sought treatment at Hong Kong Sports Clinic and was inspired to join as a movement therapist. She specializes in mobility, yoga, Pilates, and strength & conditioning, offering tailored personal training for men and women. As a working mother, Icy understands the challenges of balancing career and family life, motivating her to help others achieve healthier lifestyles and become pain-free.
– Bsc Economics & Finance (HKU)
– Registered Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance)
– Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga (Dr. Jean Bryne and Michelle Papa)
– Registered Pilates Mat Teacher (Polestar)
– Prenatal & Postnatal Pilates (Carolyne Anthony)
– Mobility and Rehabilitation Specialist (Rehab-U)
Having always found beauty, expression and meditation through dance and movement, Alanna first turned to yoga to manage stress, mental health and back pain while studying Art abroad at University of Edinburgh. Following her move home to Hong Kong after graduation, she was inspired to pursue yoga teaching to spread the transformative benefits she discovered through yoga.
Through the practice and study of various styles of yoga, as well as experiencing first-hand how incorporating mobility, strength, and conditioning training has improved all aspects of her yoga practice. She has come to appreciate the importance of balancing active, dynamic, strengthening movements, as well as more nourishing and restorative therapeutic techniques.
Alanna enjoys working with people from all walks of life, and believes in making yoga and mobility accessible to everyone. In addition to empowering people to realize their full physical potential, she is passionate about helping them to develop self-awareness, connection, and compassion while pushing themselves beyond their preconceived limits.
Alanna meets people where they are in their movement and recovery journey, and does not prescribe to a ‘one size fits all’ approach to health and healing. Her holistic approach combines yoga, pilates, mobility, meditation, mindfulness, and breathwork to help people move and feel better, in order to find greater ease, peace and freedom in their daily life.
Bachelor of Art with Honours – University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh College of Art)
Foundation Level One Yoga Course – Agama Yoga, Thailand
300 hour Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda Training – Anahata Yoga, Hong Kong
200 hour Classical Hatha Training – Life Management Yoga Center, Hong Kong
50 hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Ariel Tang, Hong Kong
25 hour Wheel Yoga Teacher Training with Amarjit Kumar – Pure Yoga, Hong Kong
40 hour Stott Pilates Intensive Mat Training – Anhao Wellness Studio, Hong Kong
200 hour Greenpath Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Training with Clayton Horton – Pure Yoga, Hong Kong
Pro-Active Pre and Post-Natal Course for Personal Trainers – Joint Dynamics, Hong Kong
Foundation Meditation Course with Clayton Horton – Pure Yoga, Hong Kong
Languages: English, Mandarin, French
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Patrick Creelman
- 100-hour Universal Yoga Teacher Training with Andrew Lappa
- Certified Animal Flow level I instructo
Working in the financial industry, Leo uses yoga as a tool to reduce work pressure while witnessing his own progress continuously. He encourages his students to embrace challenges and practice with wisdom on the mat. He believes that yoga teaching should be tailor-made based on an individual’s needs and physical conditions. His respectful teacher Edward Chow has inspired him with precise alignment cues and skilful hands-on adjustments. Leo has been incorporating these knowledge and experience to his classes. In addition to yoga, he is also passionate about hand balancing, movement flow and street workout.
- Hoka One One Brand Ambassador
- China Coast Marathon Champion (2020)
- Multiple Hong Kong national titles from 1500m to 10k
- USATFCCCA certified coach
- Hong Kong National Record holder
- Competed in the NCAA Division 1 Cross Country and Track in California