Energy Power Muffin Grain-Free & Gluten-Free
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup Swerve, natural sugar replacement or Stevia to taste
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flower
- 2 scoops protein powder, vanilla or caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 C° and line a muffin tin with liners.
2) Pulse spinach a few times in a food processor, then add banana, apple sauce, almond milk,
3) Swerve sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla; process until well blended.
4) Add almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl; whisk.
5) Add wet ingredients and stir until combined.
6) Portion batter into prepared muffin tin.
7) Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8) Cool muffins completely. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze.
– Katia Kucher, Sports Nutritionist and ultra-runner